Wednesday, December 24, 2014

O'Zalia

Jane, Cal and I arrived at the hotel around noon. Abdalin couldn't come because booze happened. Stupid hungover bastard...
“So, how's Isaac doing?” I asked.
“Okay, I think,” Jane said. “He's been quiet lately.”
“So can this guy really keep me safe?” Cal asked.
“Sure can,” Jane said. “The Fears have been leaving us alone for a few months now thanks to him.”
“Really?” Cal asked. “How come?”
“They don't wanna get on his bad side after what happened with the Smiling Man,” Jane said.
“So they're scared of him?” Cal asked.
“There's a difference between being scared and being cautious, Cal,” I said. “So what happened with the Smiling Man?”
“Nothing that you need to know at the moment,” said another voice.
We all turned to see Isaac approaching us. His younger brother, Adam, was at his side. Isaac was maybe a little taller than me, with long silver hair. He was dressed in a black shirt with a modified Operator symbol on the front, and a deep blue hoody on over it. He stepped up before me and smiled.
“Ferris,” he said, holding out a hand.
“O'Zalia,” I replied, shaking his hand firmly. “Glad you could make it.”
“Of course,” Isaac said. “Nice to meet you too, Callin.”
“Um... hi,” Cal said.
You'll keep him safe, right? I thought.
Yeah, Isaac thought back. You'll keep yourself safe?
Yeah, I thought. I'm gonna stick around in this town for a while, see what I can find out about High Blood.
Watch your back, Isaac thought.
Don't worry, I assured him. I'll keep a low profile.
Until it comes time to get your generic action hero on? He thought.
Until it comes time to get my generic action hero on, I confirmed. I think I'll go with Nightwing next time.
That got a laugh out of him.
“What are you two thinking about?” Jane asked.
“Just making sure this insane, childish monkey-man knows what he's doing,” Isaac said.
“Who are you calling childish?” I asked.
He laughed a bit more.
“I'll take good car of Cal,” he said.
“You'd better,” I said.
We parted ways. Abdalin and I have been keeping an eye on the mansion and checking out potential High Blood activity since then. We haven't found much yet, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment