Sunday, January 25, 2015

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

“This makes absolutely no sense,” I said. “How does a mansion just... vanish!”
Abdalin and I were standing across the street from the mansion the High Blood party from before had been at. Except, as the statement above suggests, there was no mansion. No garden or parking lot either. There weren't even holes in the ground where the basements and cellars had been. It was just a large field of dirt and weeds.
“The High Blood must have moved to a new location,” Abdalin said. “But how could they get rid of the mansion?”
“You tell me,” I said, walking toward where it had been and sitting down in the dirt. “Who could've done it?”
“Well, there's one super being I can think of off the top of my head who would have the power to alter the scenery in such a way...”
“Don't say it,” I said, already seeing where he was going with this.
“The Sentinal,” he said.
“The Sentinal is dead!” I snapped at him. “It couldn't have been him.”
“Well, do you have any other thoughts?” he asked me.
“Would the Game Master have been capable of this?” I asked.
“Yes, but not this quickly,” he replied. “What about O'Zalia? He can change reality, right?”
“Yeah,” I said. “But I don't think he could have done it on this scale. If he did, it would shorten his lifespan to almost nothing...”
“Gordon Tayler's remnant forces?” Abdalin suggested.
Gordon Tayler was a monster. He was a Star Spawn of Cthulhu, a monster from a deeper layer of reality. He was killed by David Kallaway a little over a year ago. He was a terrible person, but it was hard to take him seriously given the fact that he fights using MAGICAL FUCKING YU-GI-OH CARDS!!! I mean, I also own magic Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but not that much, and I'm generally reluctant to do so.
Gordon has some assistants leftover after his death. Rictor, Veis, Vocallass, and some elf chick. Etra, I think? I don't know. I've gone up against them before. They did have some power, but I wasn't sure if they could pull something like this off.
“They could change the scenery with a field spell card,” I said. “But I'm pretty sure it would be temporary.”
“What about Malachai Dewitt?” Abdalin said.
Dewitt. The Tale Weaver. An old friend of Kallaway. Now he's some kind of despot wielding the power of a deceased Fear called the Marchen. I'm not sure what all he can do, but I'm sure changing the world around him would be within his power.
“Maybe,” I said. “That's one possibility to keep in mind.”
“What's that exactly?” Abdalin said, looking down at my hand.
I hadn't really been paying attention, but I guess I had been absentmindedly drawing in the dirt with my fingertip. I had drawn a weird looking symbol that looked like a broken circle and a broken triangle. I'll include a shitty replica I made on MS Paint at the end of the post.
“I'm not sure what that is,” I said. “Wasn't really paying attention.”
“Great...,” Abdalin muttered. “So what now?”
“Let's go to Murrieta,” I said. “I think it's time to go home for a while. Plus, there's something I need to do there.”
“Okay,” Abdalin replied. “Let's get packed then.”


Oh yeah, here's the symbol;

No comments:

Post a Comment