Tuesday, April 14, 2015

And The Cosplay Award Goes To...

Hey guys, it's me, Daniel. So, after making a few calls, Seraph managed to get Collector Tsu's number for me I called him up, and we've arranged a meeting in a few days. For those who don't know about Tsu, he's a guy I met a long time ago, and is a member of the Archive. He haven't spoken in a while, but I trust him more than any other member of the Archive, and he's the most likely to be able to help me with what I need at the moment.
Anyway, other than that, I got in another fight recently
I was bored, so I decided to go scout. I do that. I just wander around, paying attention for signs of Fear activity. Sometimes I find some, sometimes I don't. Occasionally, I'll come across a runner, usually someone who seems more paranoid then your average Joe. And sometimes I get attacked by a servant or some other miscellaneous loony. This time was one of those times.
Someone cornered me in an alleyway. They wore all black and gray, cyber armor. Their face was concealed beneath a dark helmet. They just watched me at first, without making a move. So I decided to say something.
“Hey,” I said. “Cool suit. Who do you work for? General Zod? Ultron? Oh! I get it! You're a Lelouch cosplayer!”
A pair of devices, that looked kind of like foot-and-a-half long sword hilts, sprangs from the gauntlets of their armor, into their hands A pair of blades flipped out of both of them, much like switchblades, and clicked into 90 degree angles from the hilts, giving them the appearance of kama. A kama, if you don't know, is a miniature scythe that originally served as a farm tool but was later adapted into a martial arts weapon and is one of the 5 key weapons used in Kobudo. Both of their kama remained attached to their gauntlets by a set of cords.
“Well, if you're on your way to a Code Geass convention,” I continued, “You might wanna work on your costume a bit. It doesn't quite capture Zero's supreme anime-ness.”
And then they charged at me, swinging their scythes. I summoned my sword and fought back against them. I managed to shove them away from me a bit, and they decided to throw their scythes. I deflected them with the blade of my sword and ignited it. I charged at them, and they jumped into the air, evading my attack. They landed several feet behind me, and I twisted around, reaching into my coat as I did.
“Hey, is your armor bullet-proof?” I asked, and before they could respond, I whipped out my handgun and shot them in the shoulder.
The bullet hit their armor, and became embedded in it, but didn't break all the way through.
“I guess that's a yes,” I said.
They threw their scythes again, and while deflecting one of them, the other one tangled around my leg, and they yanked the cord hard I barely had time to say “Oh shit!” before I hit the ground. Then they kicked my sword and gun from my hands and stomped on my chest, pinning me down.
“Damn it!” I gasped, partially winded. “You know, you guys really need to stop forgetting...”
They put more wait on me, causing me to pause briefly, before I continued.
“.. That I can do,” I wheezed, “...This...”
I summoned the sword back to my hand, and it erupted in to brilliant flames. They stepped back in surprise, taking their weight off me. I also got a surprise, when a giant blurry being appeared above me. It's eyes glowed a fierce red, matching the flames coming from my sword, and it its hand it held a giant, red-hot naginata, a Japanese polearm. I got back to my feet, and with Burner hovering behind me, I turned back to face my adversary.
“Two on one,” I said. “I doubt your cosplay will help you here.”
In response, they charged at me. Burner and I both swung our blades simultaneously, slashing them across the chest and torso. They were flung backwards but the force, and deep burns became gouged into their armor. They examined the damage to their armor, and then they tore a hole in space and fled through it. I got a look at the city beyond the hole before it closed up. Burner faded away immediately after.
“Um, thanks, I guess,” I said. “That was pretty cool.”
I retrieved my gun and returned the sword to its sheath, before pulling out my phone. Tony answered.
“Hey man,” he said. “What's up?”
“I have good news and bad news,” I said. “The good news is, I found Isiore.”
“What's the bad news?” he asked.
I sighed and looked at where the portal had been a minute before.
“She just tried to kill me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment