Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Reunion

This is Tony again. After Daniel told me about his encounter with Isiore, we arranged to meet with each other. After he dealt with the Timberwolf at that bar, he, Abdalin, and Seraph made it to Hideaki's house. Tsu had to go get back to work, but he told Daniel he's keep in touch.
So, Keursio, Moss, Hideaki, Preal and I were all there when Daniel arrived. I opened the front door and let them all in.
“Tony!” Daniel said, throwing his arms around me. “Been way to long, bro!”
“Next time we meet up, can we just do it casually, when no lives are at stake?” I asked him.
“Sorry,” he said. He looked over at the others. “Moss! Hideaki! How you guys doing?”
“Not bad,” Moss said.
Hideaki locked eyes on Abdalin as he entered. The two glared at each other for a moment.
“Samurai,” Abdalin said, in a harsh greeting.
“Joker,” Hideaki replied.
“You must be Preal,” Daniel said, stepping between the two of them before a fight could break out and looking over at Preal. “Nice to meet you.”
“Um.. thanks,” Preal said awkwardly.
“And you're Keursio?” Daniel asked. “Am I saying that right?”
“Yes,” Keursio said, getting up and approaching him. “You've seen my sister? Is she okay?”
“Well, she's alive,” Daniel said. “Not sure about the okay part. Do you know any reason she might want me dead?”
“I can't think of any,” she said. “Are you sure she was trying to kill you?”
“It seemed that way,” Daniel said. “I think someone might be using her.”
“Using her how?” Keursio asked.
“One of two things,” Daniel said. “She could be possessed by something, or she was recruited to kill me. Possibly blackmailed.”
“I suspected that to,” I said. “She might be avoiding you by choice. To keep you safe.”
“The world sure has gotten worse since I've been gone,” Keursio said sadly.
“It hasn't gotten any worse,” Hideaki replied. “It's just gotten better at being bad.”
“Well, if she is being used or controlled, then there has to be someone behind it,” Keursio said.
“Yeah,” I replied. “But we're still no closer to figuring out who it is. Daniel, are you sure there weren't any clues she left behind?”
“I've told you everything I know,” Daniel said. “She attacked me, didn't say a word, then bailed when she realized I had the advantage.”
“So we still have more questions then answers,” Moss said.
“And not just about this,” Daniel said. “There's still the Apostles and the Panopticon.”
“And let's not forget the Blood Vessel war,” I added. “Or the Daemon Lords and Bill Dawson.”
“I can't get all the answers we need,” Daniel said, taking a seat on top of my desk “But I think I can get us some of them.”
“What do you mean?” Keursio asked.
Daniel and I had discussed this over the phone already, but we hadn't mentioned it to the others yet.
“I have a contact,” Daniel said. “One I don't really wanna talk to, but who probably knows some of what we need.”
Abdalin quickly turned and glared at Daniel.
“Who are you thinking of contacting?” he demanded.
Daniel placed a hand over his heart and said “Her.”
You see, this is the kind of guy Daniel is. The kind of guy who will confront the Devil face to face and demand answers.
“You can't be serious!” Abdalin said, catching on a bit faster then anyone else there.
“Why do you think we came here?” Daniel said. “If things go awry, I'll need all you guys to keep me in check.”
“I don't understand,” Keursio said.
“Neither do I,” Preal said. “The hell's going on?”
I sighed, and answered them.
“The Red Cap's been quiet for a while now,” I said.
Daniel nodded in agreement.
“It's about time I make her talk,” he said.

-Tony Helioson, signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment